Conference Time – BST: 5pm | PT: 9am
As we wait for the Nintendo Direct to begin, it’s important to remember that a Direct can be a wild beast. Being a pre-recorded press conference, Nintendo is afforded the ability to craft a specific look and feel for their platform to announce games. The question is then, what announcements can we expect to be graced with? A new metro? Pokemon? Maybe a new mobile game? For the last time this week, check out my predictions for the upcoming press conference and let me know what you think!
- Nintendo will begin their Direct with a proper look at Mario Odyssey gameplay, closing off the segment with a story trailer and a November release date.
- Mario & Rabbids will receive an extended gameplay demo as well as a story trailer detailing the narrative.
- We will be given the first look at the first DLC pack for Breath of the Wild which will be given a release date for July.
- There will be a 10-minute segment showcasing a new wave of 3rd party partnerships that will be bringing games to the Nintendo Switch.
- Nintendo will close the show with the announcement of Animal Crossing on the Switch with a release date for this October